Tuesday, March 5, 2013

FRESHMENatism Part 1

It was sometime in March 2012 when the issue of "WHAT COURSE TO TAKE" consumed almost all of the regular things in my head, causing it to be the ONLY THING that I was thinking about the entire two final weeks of the month.

I really didn't know what career should i let myself suffer for four nerve-wracking years. well, here's the sitch: My relatives wanted me to go for ENGINEERING, to be specific, the mechanical one. The thing is, engineering is not my thing, specially when MY "MOST FAVORITE SUBJECT", MATHEMATICS, rules in that course. Sorry "bloodline mates", I guess I'm gonna decide on this the JOSHUA WAY.

I remembered that night when I visited the webpage of Silliman University and looked through the list of their course offerings.


As I scrolled and scrolled my mouse down into the bottom of the page, nothing really catched my eyes until I got to the last part of the page. I said to myself, ''WHY NOT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY OR PHYSICAL THERAPY?" It's not like you have to bring a calculator or any math related gizomos everyday in order to pass your subjects' "obstacle of the day". And besides, the world of Science is quite my thing; I  USUALLY LOVE SCIENCE even if science doesn't love me back (unfortunately).

So I decided to enroll for PT. I have chosen this because 1.) I usually love science (even if science doesn't love me back) 2.) It's something new 3.) I don't want my entire "race" to become a bunch of Nurses. It's like the same thing all over again, and again.

The decision has been made. I will take up the PT Course, one of the HARDEST AND MOST ACADEMICALLY DEMANDING COURSE OUT THERE (as how my insecure neighbors, terrified relatives and unnecessary people threaten me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment